Department of Public Works & Recycling
8:00 am - 4:00 pm (M-F)
20 Greenwood Avenue
Midland Park, NJ 07432
8:00 am-2:00 pm
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Friday & Saturday
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
CLOSED SUNDAYS AND MONDAYS
The Department of Public Works serves the community everyday. We know you
share our interests in keeping Midland Park clean, beautiful and on the leading edge
of recycling in Bergen County. Your cooperation in following these regulations is
expected and greatly appreciated. We can be reached at 201-445-6076, during
business hours, to assist you and answer any questions you may have.
Garbage and Trash:
* Garbage will be collected on Mondays and Thursdays, year round except for specific holidays,
please refer to the current Almanac.
* Household refuse, non-recyclable food containers (e.g., pizza boxes), table waste and disposable
diapers are accepted.
* Put garbage at the curb in barrels or plastic bags, with a limit of two items (bags or barrels) per
* Place items at the curb on the evening BEFORE your scheduled pickup day.
* Bulk items will be collected only on Thursdays. Bulk items include carpeting and rugs (bundled),
furniture, broken mirrors and non-recyclable items.
* No construction materials, stone, rock, concrete or asphalt will be accepted.
Please keep this in mind: it costs the Borough approximately $67.75 per ton to dispose of
solid waste at the dumping site, while the Borough receives revenue for the disposal of
recyclable materials. Recycling saves the enviornment and can also help to set off the cost of
solid waste removal.
* Co-mingled includes glass, aluminum, tin and plastic containers and must be placed curbside in
barrels. Paper and cardboard are collected tied in bundles or in paper bags, not plastic bags.
* Vegetative waste is collected on Wednesdays, please refer to the current Almanac for specific
dates. Grass clippings should be placed in open barrels or paper bags no larger than 30 gallons and
weighing no more than 50 pounds. After the date noted in the current Almanac, grass clippings,
brush, small branches (less than 1" dia) can be added to loose leaves. Large branches can be taken
to the recycling center. Branches must be less than four feet in length and tied in bundles.
* Are picked up on the first Wednesday of each month
* You must call 845-753-6666 and leave a message on the answering machine with your address
and type of item. You will be added to the next scheduled pick up. NOTE: You will not receive a call
* Items that are accepted include washing machines, dryers, refrigerators (doors removed),
freezers, air-conditioners, ranges, grills, trash compactors, hot water heaters and lawn mowers (fuel
* No white goods are acceppted at the Recycling Center.
Midland Park Recycling Center (20 Greenwood Ave) accepts the following:
* Paper, including newspaper, junk mail, catalogues, magazines, telephone books and paperback
* Cardboard, including corrugated and chipboard (bit not pizza boxes)
* Leaves, brush and branches are accepted year round but grass clippings are not.
* Household batteries, AAA, AA, C & D (no car batteries).
* Electronics, PCs, laptops, printers, fax machines, DVD players, VCRs and TVs.
* Auto tires are collected during the month of June (no rims). Limit 4 tires per resident per year.
* Scrap metal (no propane tanks), lawn mowers (fuel removed), storm doors, aluminum siding.
* Clothing, shoes (drop boxes)
* Construction materials are NOT accepted at the recycling center. You must use a private
contractor to dispose of these materials (stone, rock, concrete or asphalt). Consult the Yellow
pages under "Rubbish and Garbage Removal"
* Hazardous waste items such as oil base paints, solvents and thinners, motor oil, gasoline,
antifreeze, chemicals and pesticides and herbicides are NOT accepted at the recycling center.
These items can be disposed of on the Hazardous Waste collection days sponsored by the Bergen
County Utilities can be found on the flyer image on the top of the page or here:
copyright 2013 Borough of Midland Park
Revised January 2017
Site Designed and Maintained by EZ2ReadMaps/JSondey email: email@example.com
Depositing Snow on Borough Streets.
No person shall plow, shovel, push, throw or cause to be deposited accumulations of
snow or ice which may be deemed to cause or create a traffic safety hazard, or
otherwise interfere with the effective removal of snow and ice from the Borough
streets by the Department of Public Works, or other entity so employed or
empowered by the Borough. (Ord. #09-07 §7-3.3.1)
* Tire Collection Location and Hours: In addition to the Bergen County Utilities Authority collection
of tires the Midland Park Recycling Center accepts 4 tires per resident during the month of June.
More information on the BCUA's solid waste management can be found here...
Midland Park 2017 Service Almanac
Garbage and leaf collection schedules, directory of voting and leaf collection districts and a
complete index of borough departments.
Click here for more...