Building Department

  • Important message about residential home improvements
    Recently the N J Department of Community Affairs has made changes to the Uniform Construction Code. More »

The Building Department of Midland Park is a regulatory agency which     licenses trades, permits for construction and demolition and inspects buildings for structural safety, occupancy and zoning issues. Building complaints about maintenance (e.g., paint, leaks, rodents, etc.) should be directed to the building owner, the Department of Housing, Preservation and Development. For your convenience we have posted all the necessary forms, code books and information to help you prepare to do any type of construction in our town!

Staff Contacts

Mark Berninger

Construction Official
Building Sub Code Official
Building Inspector
Zoning Official

Janet Giardino

Technical Assistant UCC